About a month and a half ago, we had an interesting idea in the Realestock offices. Why don’t we do a contest about using social media and give away some prizes? The initial incarnation of the contest was pretty small – Starbucks gift cards, but our CEO suggested we do something much bigger – an iPad. A fabulous enough prize decided on, we launched the contest, thinking if it went well enough, we’d do a few more contests.We really weren’t sure what to expect.
When the entries started to pour in, we were blown away. Entries came in from people around the world, sharing stories that were inspiring, heart-warming and incredible. When the Realestock staff couldn’t decide between two stories, we put them up to a public vote, and were amazed to see how communities of people rallied around the two very deserving finalists. The whole experience really showed us how social media can bring people from all countries, walks of life and backgrounds together.
Our first place winner Ryan Chelak, of course, wins the coveted iPad, but we felt we had to do something for the equally deserving second place winner Kimberly Ciesla, so we’re sending her an Apple gift card.
To call the contest a success would be an understatement – we were able to hear so many wonderful stories and help out a very deserving family – the very definition of an endeavor well done. And yes, we’ll certainly be doing more contests – how can you find out about them? Follow us on Twitter - @realestock
or become a fan on our Facebook page
The Realestock Team
7 Ways to use the iPad in Real Estate and 1 way to win an iPad for yourself!
Why do so many people lust after iPads? These “magical” little devices are in hot demand with good reason. Early-adopting realtors have been quick to jump on the iPad bandwagon, using it to enhance their open houses, presentations, and showings. Want to know how?
Here are 7 ways to effectively use an iPad in real estate:
- Use your iPad as an interactive signup sheet for open house visitors. Bonus: Don’t waste time later transcribing information into your CRM or contact management software.
- Use Yelp or Google maps to quickly show buyers how close by great restaurants, schools, grocery stores or any other amenities are.
- Set up a keynote presentation to play a virtual tour of a property, and email it to buyers who want more information after they’ve seen the open house.
- Keep your client’s info at your fingers by accessing documents stored online.
- Stop giving yourself eyestrain by looking at your iPhone to access MLS listings, emails and maps!
- Flag the map locations of properties for clients and get immediate driving directions from each location.
- Buyers not so interested in the open house, but like the area? Have PDFs of your other listings in the area easily accessible for them to browse on the iPad.
Sounds good, right? Well, the best way to see if something will work for you is to try it – and Realestock is giving away a free iPad to give you that chance!
How do you win? Just head on over to the Realestock Facebook page, and share your real estate social media success story, OR why you think an iPad would be great for your business. The most insightful or inspiring story will win – simple as that.
Contest closes June 4, 2010. Good Luck!